Balkon aims to provide artists of all calibers and experience with a space to exhibit their work. There are no selection criteria. Therefore embracing artistic inclusion, providing people an opportunity to artistically express themselves and share their work with a broader audience
- When applying for a show, we’d love if you sent us some images of your work that you intend on exhibiting, or link to your website or social media pages. Also a short summary of artistic practice would also be helpful
- We charge $200 per exhibition. This includes the use of the gallery for 2.5 weeks, an Art guide listing as well as staff assistance with installation and de-installation, curatorial advice and opening night.
- We also require $100 bond, which we will return to you after your exhibition period if the gallery is left in its original condition. There is also a contract outlining our running procedures that you will need to sign and return to us two months prior to your exhibition period.
- Artists are encouraged to have an opening night on a Friday night between 6:30-8:30pm. Artists are to supply their own alcohol, catering and people to man the bar
- For the remainder of the 2.5 weeks, the window space is lit for street viewing every evening from 6:00-11:00pm. Artists are required to sit the gallery during its opening hours, from Friday-Sunday from 12-5pm.
For more information regarding exhibitions, please contact us via email at:email@example.com
View from west wall